Friday, December 19, 2014

Healthy Holiday Gift Guide


The holidays can be extremely stressful. It's an easy time to fall off the healthy bandwagon between all the food and the busyness make it hard to find time for the gym. But have no fear, the holiday's don't have to be an unhealthy time. Make this Christmas a healthy Christmas! I compiled a list of some of my favorite health and fitness products (with links!) that are sure to make a great gift for any health and fitness junkie!

1. PB2- I buy this stuff by the pound, no joke! PB2 is a powdered peanut butter that you simply mix with water to form peanut butter. It is so much healthier for you and it's not filled with chemicals like most peanut butters found in the store. Two tablespoons of PB2 have only 45 calories compared to 190 for most other varieties. Some might be skeptical, but I promise it is just as good as regular peanut butter! I usually buy my PB2 from amazon by the pound, but you can also buy it in jars

2. Jawbone UP3 Fitness Tracker- This is one I am very excited about. It has not officially come out yet, but it will be available before Christmas and arrive in time for Christmas. I have a Jawbone Up and I seriously love it. The app is so user friendly and provides really awesome information about your sleeping and activity patterns. This latest version is bluetooth compatible, so no more taking it off to sync it with your phone and it is water resistant! You can even sync the app with myfitnesspal to track what you eat. The UP3 is really the best all around tracker you will find. Check out their website for a complete list of features the new band has.

3. Chase Infinite Clothing- Who doesn't love getting new workout gear? With Chase Infinite you can get really cute workout tanks with a really awesome message on them. Best of all part of every purchase they donate to various charities to help empower women. You can feel empowered working out in their cute gear and help someone else feel empowered too! As an added bonus you can use my code "303030" at checkout and receive 30% off your order, everyone loves a little Christmas savings!

4. Burt's Bees Essential Kit- My lips are always chapped after a long workout and my skin is usually really dry. Burt's Bee's really helps restore my dry skin and lips- that says a lot because I get eczema really bad on my hands in the winter. They combined all of the best products in an awesome set that would make a great gift for an at home spa day. 

5. Ab Wheel- This one is, well mean. Perfecting the form of a good ab roll is not easy, but it gives you an awesome workout. The ab wheel is super portable- I collapse it and take it with me when I travel for hotel room workouts. This is definitely a challenging gift, but it's well worth it! 

6. Protein Powder- Any fitness junkie is well versed in the use of protein powder. There are so many kinds out there that it can be hard to choose. Cellucor has a wide variety of flavors and come in 2 or 4 pound containers. Their protein powder makes really thick smoothies- many of their powders do contain gluten so be sure to read labels! Muscle Milk is one of my favorites and it's gluten free. The chocolate flavor is really rich and it also makes really thick smoothies. It comes in a variety of flavors as well and is packed with 32 grams of protein.

7.San Clemente Cookie Dough Co.- I'm not sure there are words to express my love for this one! San Clemente Cookie Dough Co. makes cookie and brownie dough that is gluten free, dairy free and egg free, and that's not even the best part! The best part is you can eat it straight out of the jar, but be warned you may not be able to put down your spoon! You can also bake it into delicious cookies and brownies that are FAR better than any gluten free cookie I've ever tasted. But really I could sit around all day and eat out of the jar with a spoon.

8. Protein Bars- Like protein powders everyone has their favorite protein bars. I must say if you have not tried Quest Bars you are seriously missing out! Quest Bars are gluten free, low in carbs and sugar. If you haven't tried a cookies and cream or s'mores flavored Quest Bars you have not lived! Pure Protein Bars are tied with Quest Bars as my favorite protein bar. They are also gluten free and low in sugar. I always feel like I'm eating a candy bar when I have one of their bars because they are so good! There s'mores, coconut and chocolate salted caramel flavors are to die for!

*All of these opinions are my own. I am not being paid to endorse any of these products. I simply believe in and use each of these products. I would never promote a product or company I do not believe in or personally use their products.

No comments:

Post a Comment