Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Love Live Balance: Chicken Pesto Bake


Happy Tuesday! Only TWO days until Christmas and I could not be more excited! I have everything done and I can sit back and enjoy the festive atmosphere. Since coming home for break I have been on the go nonstop. I made a giant pot of soup early last week and have been reheating it every day. 

I finally have a chance to breathe and cannot wait to get back to cooking every night. Because I am home I have not been crockpoting regularly. This week I wanted to switch it up and feature a really easy meal. The Christmas season is always hectic, but it's not impossible to make a quick and healthy meal. Sam from Love Live Balance has chicken pesto bake that would be a perfect meal to make in a time crunch or prepare ahead. Here is Sam:

This is one of my favorite chicken dishes because it has pesto. Surprise, surprise that I would like this dish! Except it's not a surprise at all because anyone who knows me knows that I love pesto and will put it on everything possible. 

I know that pesto isn't for everyone and that it can be high in calories but I love to make my own. That way I know exactly what goes into it and can control the ingredients. 

I found this recipe on Pinterest from The Recipe Critic and I've made it a bunch of times already!

So for this recipe here's what you'll need: 
2 medium chicken breasts
4 tsp basil pesto
4 heirloom tomatoes
4 tbsp mozzarella cheese
salt & pepper

1. preheat the oven to 400

2. slice the chicken breasts in half to make them thinner. place on a baking sheet with foil. 

3. season the chicken with salt and pepper. slice the tomatoes and place on top of the chicken. 


4. bake for 15 minutes

5. take the chicken out and top with mozzarella cheese. you can use shredded or slices of fresh mozzarella, both taste great! 

6. bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and gooey 
Enjoy!

I also had some help with writing this post. I can't get enough of my baby girl! She makes me so happy :)

*Check out Sam's blog Love Live Balance here.

No comments:

Post a Comment