Sunday, December 7, 2014

Thanksgiving Recap (Better Late than Never)

I am definitely way behind on getting posts up, and for that I blame finals. Since Friday I have been basically off the grid holed away in my apartment studying for my statistics final, which is tomorrow (YIKES)! I am so ready for finals week to be over.

I know Thanksgiving was over a week ago, but I wanted to do a quick recap of my short Thanksgiving break. 


For some stupid reason my university does not give us an entire week off for Thanksgiving. I drove home Tuesday night after classes. Wednesday morning I was scheduled for an ultrasound because of problems I have been having due to lupus. I was not allowed to eat or drink for 12 hours before the test. My test was scheduled for 8:15, but I normally eat breakfast between 4 and 4:30 AM. I was extremely hangry and parched by the time my appointment rolled around, not to mention they were late getting me. As soon as the test was over I bolted across the street to Panera Bread and got the breakfast power bowl with turkey. I was crazy good, but I'm not sure I even tasted it. I scarfed the whole thing down in no time. 


I did not even get to enjoy much of my Thanksgiving break because I had a ton of homework and a take home statistics exam that were due after break. I spent a lot of my break studying, but Cora kept me company while I worked on my statistics. I think the only reason she likes having me home is because I allow her on the furniture. 


Thanksgiving morning I did a killer workout partially because I knew I was going to stuff my face later. Post workout I enjoyed this deliciously chunky cookies and cream Quest Bar.



I didn't take any pictures of Thanksgiving dinner this year, but trust me my mom did an exceptional job! Friday I was not one of the crazies out shopping early in the morning. I stayed home and indulged in this parfait bowl. I had 1/2 cup light and fit greek yogurt, 1 kiwi, 1 tablespoon vanilla espresso almond butter from Wild Friends (I finally got my hands on it!) and about 1/4 cup cranberry almond quinoa granola (I made a chocolate version). 


With my parfait bowl I had my favorite avo-egg GF toast. If you haven't tried it yet you are seriously missing out! I love avo-egg toast with scrambled and hard boiled egg either way you can't go wrong. 


Sunday morning I drove back to school early in the morning so I could get settled in and ready for a hectic week. My mom didn't let me leave empty handed though. I was sent back with a doggy bag of yummy Thanksgiving leftovers- leftover turkey and roasted vegetables. (P.S. I got a new set of dishes over the weekend and I am in LOVE with them- I love black Friday markdowns all weekend!)

I apologize for the mile long post and being MIA the past week. I need to get back to studying for exams :P Have a great rest of your weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment