Monday, April 13, 2015

Weekend at Home


Happy Monday! This weekend I was off the grid and it was amazing! I finally got to go home and have a delayed Easter dinner with my family. I don't like ham so my mom cooked a turkey breast and I made roasted vegetables. It's not your typical Easter grub but my family isn't exactly typical! My mom even picked up an egg dying kit so I could decorate eggs- one is NEVER too old to decorate eggs! 

Of course there had to be glitter because glitter makes everything better! But applying glitter to an egg that has just been dyed is not easy and makes a mess, so much for the fancy design I had planned.

I spent most of the weekend relaxing before finals, which is next week (YIKES). I finished all my papers early so I could enjoy the weekend before the stress of finals kicks in. Of course I spent tons of time with Cora, who is LOVING this spring weather! As soon as the ice was off the lake she was in swimming, she's such a nut. Cora was so tired last night that she fell asleep with her head on her stuffed moose, it was so cute!


I am definitely getting spring fever too. I made an açai bowl (no surprise there) on Saturday. I blended 1 sambazon açai smoothie pack (found at meijer), 1/2 frozen banana, 1 cup frozen mixed berries and 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk until it was a smoothie like consistency. For the garnish I added 1/2 sliced banana, a small handful of blueberries, 1 small kiwi- peeled and sliced, and a teaspoon of chocolate PB2 sprinkled on top. Chocolate PB2 with açai is the BOMB!

I apologize for not having meal prep recipes this week. I'm trying to clear out my fridge and freezer of leftovers before I go home after finals, but I have a backlog of recipes and I still have Maui posts to do! Have a great Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment