Monday, November 2, 2015

Meal Prep: Oven Baked Fajitas


Happy Monday and happy November! Am I the only one who gets really screwed up by daylights savings time? Most people I know sleep right through that extra hour, but not me. I wake up at my normal time, only problem is my normal time is now an hour earlier. I forced myself to stay in bed and did doze off, but it takes awhile for me to adjust. 

This weekend was crazy busy with filming a news package, study for exams, writing papers, and trying to get reading done. Sadly there was no fun activities for me, just a scary amount of homework. I feel like a broken record saying I needed easy meal prep for the week, but this semester is seriously kicking my butt! I felt like having something with a little kick to it, but it needed to be quick and easy. What's easier than a one pan meal? Not much. It's quick to prep and healthy to eat- a winning combination! 

Oven Baked Fajitas
  • 5 chicken breasts (roughly 4.8oz each)
  • 1 red, 1 orange, and 1 green bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 sweet onion, sliced
  • 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • black pepper, to taste
  • garlic, to taste

Preheat oven to 400F degrees.

Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and spray with nonstick cook spray. 

Spread sliced bell peppers and onion out on baking sheet.

Place chicken breasts on top of the pepper and onion slices.

Sprinkle seasonings over the chicken and vegetables. I flipped the chicken breasts to get seasoning on both sides.

Bake at 400F degrees for 30 minutes. The chicken is done when the juices run clear and when you slice into it and it is not pink.

I didn't have a traditional tortilla for my fajita, instead I had the chicken and veggies with acorn squash. Use whatever you like to create your own fajita!

Nutrition per serving (based on 5 servings):
MACROS:5C/3F/42P
Nutrition Facts
Servings 5.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 215
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 3 g5 %
Saturated Fat 0 g0 %
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 104 mg35 %
Sodium 139 mg6 %
Potassium 156 mg4 %
Total Carbohydrate 5 g2 %
Dietary Fiber 1 g5 %
Sugars 3 g
Protein 42 g85 %
Vitamin A24 %
Vitamin C88 %
Calcium4 %
Iron8 %

No comments:

Post a Comment