Friday, October 30, 2015

Apple Pie Oatmeal


Happy Friday friendly faces! Yesterday was national oatmeal, which of course turned out to be the one morning in I don't know how long I didn't have oatmeal. Oh the irony. Anyway,  yesterday was miserable outside- gail force winds and pelting rain/hail. I wanted nothing more than to curl up in sweatpants with a book, but I had classes.

I came back from class cold and wet and did not feel like much of anything for dinner. I did feel like a big bowl of oatmeal, so that's what I had! Of course I had to make use of the honeycrisp apples I had picked up so I made apple pie oatmeal. I hate pie, but this oatmeal is OH SO GOOD! It's like fall in bowl, plus it's quick to whip up in the morning!

Apple Pie Oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup gluten free oats
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • pinch of brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 Tablespoons egg whites
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 small honeycrisp apple, sliced

Preheat oven to 350F degrees.

Spray a 3 inch ramekin with nonstick cook spray or coconut oil. 

Combine all ingredients EXCEPT the apple in the ramekin.

Bake at 350F degrees for 10 minutes.

Remove ramekin and place apple slices on top of oatmeal. If you place apple slices on top before baking they will sink.

Return ramekin to oven and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes. The oatmeal is done baking when it is fluffy and the top has hardened. 

Allow ramekin to cool for a few minutes. 

If desired top with a pinch more cinnamon, apple pie spice, and Purely Elizabeth pumpkin fig granola. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment