Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Very Berry Baked Oatmeal


Happy Tuesday everyone! I can't believe it's almost the end of October, where did the month go? On the other hand graduation is getting so close I can almost taste it! The one thing I can taste right now is very berry baked oatmeal.

I am LOVING baked oatmeal! I am also loving adding egg whites into my baked oatmeal because it makes the oatmeal so stinking fluffy! Like ridiculously fluffy y'all. In between is packed with so many berries, that it's berrylicious! Can you tell I've been doing too much homework? Anywho, try this berry good baked oatmeal and hashtag #thesimplelife on instagram so I can see your creations!

Very Berry Baked Oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup gluten free oatmeal
  • 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3 Tablespoons egg whites
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • heaping 1/4 cup fresh berries

Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.

Spray a 3 inch ramekin with coconut oil.

In the ramekin combine oats, cinnamon, egg whites, and almond milk. Stir well to combine all ingredients- it does take awhile to distribute cinnamon.

Finally, mix in fresh berries. I used fresh strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries.

Bake at 350F degrees for 30 minutes, or until oatmeal is puffed and slightly hardened on top.

Allow to cool for a few minutes before eating. Before eating I topped with more fresh berries and 1/2 tablespoon Wild Friends cinnamon raisin peanut butter. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment