Wednesday, October 21, 2015

What I Ate Wednesday


I would like to say What I Ate Wednesday should be a thing, but I just can't guarantee it with my class schedule and homework (read: I'm drowning in homework). I get requests to share what I eat on a regular basis and I would share more, but honestly I always forget to take photos. For one day I remembered so I thought I'd share.

For breakfast I had the usual gluten free oats. I eat breakfast after I workout. I used to eat before and I've found out that eating afterward works best for my body. I have a protein shake before working out- just protein powder and water. Back to the oats, it's just microwaved oats topped with cinnamon, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, kiwi slices, and San Franola Granola cinnamon almond granola. I also had 1/2 a Quest protein bar.


I have to have lunch way early because of my class schedule so I make something up ahead of time. I made my paleo bun the night before and added spinach, avocado, tomato slices, oven roasted turkey breast, and banana peppers. I also had a strawberry Elli Quark (you can read my Elli Quark review here) and topped it with fresh strawberries, blueberries, and Purely Elizabeth original granola. 


Dinner time! Once again rushed because night class (yuck). I'm not kidding when I say meal prep saves me during the week. A lentil veggie patty, a peach, and french style garlic green beans. No gonna lie I added ketchup to the veggie patty after the picture. I don't use ketchup often, but some things in life need ketchup and burgers, even if they're vegetarian, need ketchup. I always look for a ketchup with as few ingredients as possible- typically just tomatoes and maybe tomato paste. 

In between meals if I get hungry I do snack. I always have fresh fruit and veggies ready to snack on. Typically I like to have green grapes, a small apple- honeycrisp and granny smiths are my favorites- and really any kind of fruit. For veggies I typically have mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower on hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment