Wednesday, February 24, 2016

BeFit Chocolate Protein Breakfast Bake


Since I finally cleared to lift again I've been working really really really hard to get back my strength and continue getting stronger. For most of my lifts I am back to where I was or lifting heavier (whoop whoop!!). There's a few things I'm still working on, but recovery is a process (a very slow one). 

It's important to fuel and refuel properly after working out. I eat breakfast after I workout so I like to have a breakfast that's a balance of carbs and protein, normally 2:1. Anyone who knows me, or follows me on instagram, knows I love baked oatmeal, but sometimes after a really hard lifting session that just doesn't cut it for me. I've been experimenting with different breakfast bakes and I finally made one that I really liked- plus it's chocolate for breakfast! It's rich in carbs and protein making it a great post-workout meal because it's going to keep you full without making you feel bloated. 

BeFit Protein Breakfast Bake
  • 1/2 cup gluten free oats
  • 3 Tablespoons BeFit Whey Chocolate Protein (or protein powder of choice)
  • heaping 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 Tablespoon honey/agave/maple syrup
  • 1/2 small banana, mashed
  • 1/2 Tablespoon chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a ramekin with nonstick cook spray or coconut oil.

Combine oats, protein powder, and baking powder in ramekin.

Once dry ingredients are combined add in almond milk, vanilla extract, honey, and the mashed banana and stir until combined.

Top batter with chocolate chips, if using.

Bake at 350F degrees for 23-27 minutes, or until the center is firm. I like to slightly under bake mine (around 23 minutes) because then the chocolate is extra gooey and delicious. 

Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before topping with fruit and devouring. 

If you make it take a picture, tag me on instagram, and use the hashtag #thesimplelife I'd love to see your creations! Don't forget to like my new Facebook page! Have a great Wednesday!

P.S. Be sure to follow me on instagram and like my new Facebook page because you never know when a giveaway could be coming your way ;)

Nutrition (single serving):
MACROS: 43C/5F/21P
Nutrition Facts
Servings 1.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 294
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5 g8 %
Saturated Fat 2 g8 %
Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg0 %
Sodium 194 mg8 %
Potassium 305 mg9 %
Total Carbohydrate 43 g14 %
Dietary Fiber 5 g18 %
Sugars 18 g
Protein 21 g41 %
Vitamin A4 %
Vitamin C6 %
Calcium19 %
Iron9 % 

No comments:

Post a Comment