Monday, February 8, 2016

Healthy Valentine's Day Round Up


With less than one week until Valentine's Day the pressure is officially on to find the perfect gift. I've never been a huge fan of Valentine's Day, at least since I grew up and stopped doing foil Valentine's (shoutout to the people who gave the cool Valentine's with the fake tattoos, those were the best!). 

I have always thought that you should tell people you love that you love them every day, not just one day a year. I'm not the only one who thinks this way, my friends at BloomNation also think love should be celebrated every day of the year. BloomNation is a community of florists from across the nation who share their beautiful creations for you to buy and send to love ones. Who doesn't love receiving beautiful flowers?! (If anyone wants to send me flowers I love orchids). Flowers are not the only way to show love; one of my favorite ways to show love is by baking for people. 

To celebrate Valentine's Day I've teamed up with some fabulous bloggers to bring you a roundup of healthy treats that are perfect for your special someone or yourself if you're single!!


Start the day off with a sweet and guilt free treat of triple chocolate doughnuts. Completely guilt free! They're gluten free, paleo, and vegan- most definitely a tasty triple threat!


While you're on Rebecca's blog you mine as well hop over and grab her chocolate chip raspberry granola recipe. Granola is a weakness of mine and nothing beats a sweet granola that's still healthy.


If you're looking for more of a classic granola, I've got you covered! This has been a staple in my house since I originally made it and I've even put it in mason jars to give as gifts!


Do you have a sweet tooth? Look no further than this chocolate cherry and nutella granola. That's right NUTELLA GRANOLA folks! Hands down my mom's favorite granola. When I make it for her she rations it out so she won't eat it all at once.


Maybe you're looking for a healthy treat the whole family can enjoy, then these yogurt pops are just the thing! Look how cute they are and totally perfect for Valentine's Day.


Cookie lovers you better be ready! Perhaps one of the tastiest cookie combos I've ever seen, I'm talking white chocolate cranberry almond butter cookies! Use a heart cookie cutter for the perfect Valentine's Day cookies.


If you're looking for a low carb, fat, and calorie cookie that only has ONE gram of sugar I have just the cookie for you, healthy peanut butter cookies. Festive sprinkles not optional.


Ditch the chips this Valentine's Day and go for a way sweeter (and healthier) chip, cinnamon apple chips. You don't even have to feel bad for getting seconds.


Dessert is essential to any celebration, but finding a healthy treat at a restaurant can be hard to do. Why not have dessert at home? You'll want to make dinner at home if you have this raw strawberry cheesecake waiting for you. 


Heads up if your man is a beer lover! So maybe it's not the healthiest, but it sure is festive and any beer lovers dream, fudgy chocolate beer cake. He's bound to remember Valentine's Day next year if you make this bad boy.

Thank you to all the awesome bloggers for sharing their recipes with me! If you make any of these yummy treats take a pictures, tag me on instagram, and use the hashtag #thesimplelife I'd love to see your creations! Don't forget to like my new Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment