Monday, February 29, 2016

Chocolate Strawberry Baked Oatmeal


Happy post-Oscar Monday! Who watched the Oscars? I watched some of the red carpet because I love looking at all the gorgeous dresses, but I wasn't feeling good yesterday so I went to bed super early. But LEO FINALLY WON! Number six was the charm for him! He's a very talented actor and it's a well deserved win for him.

Now on to other news, the winner of the BeFit product bundle was announced this morning on my instagram so head on over to see if you won! The winner has been contacted and should check their direct messages. 

Want to know what else happened this morning? Chocolate strawberry baked oats. That's right chocolate for breakfast. Best of all it's completely guilt free, feel free to breakout in a happy dance because I sure did! I will never apologize for eating chocolate for breakfast, especially when it's this good!

Chocolate Strawberry Baked Oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup gluten free oats
  • heaping 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less to taste)
  • 3 Tablespoons liquid egg whites or 1 egg (yolk+white)
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2-1 Tablespoon dairy free chocolate chips
  • 4-5 strawberries, cut in half

Preheat oven to 350F degrees and spray a ramekin with nonstick cook spray or coconut oil.

In ramekin combine oats, baking powder, and cinnamon.

Once the dry ingredients are combined add in egg whites, vanilla extract, almond milk, and chocolate chips. Stir until completely mixed.

Top batter with sliced strawberries. 

Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until batter is set and no liquid remains on top. Allow to cool for a few minutes before topping with Walden Farms zero calorie chocolate sauce and devouring!

If you make it take a picture, tag me on instagram, and use the hashtag #thesimplelife I'd love to see your creations! Don't forget to like my new Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment