Friday, March 4, 2016

The Ultimate Chocolate Covered Strawberry Oatmeal


Happiest of Fridays to ya! This week has been a bit hectic (hence lack of posts) and there's been a lot on my mind, but I have a number of posts in the works that I am really excited to share. I'm going to move right along into today's post because I've been excited about it all week! 

On Monday I posted a recipe for chocolate strawberry baked oatmeal, but while I was devouring that I had a stroke of recipe genius. Why not take that chocolate strawberry oatmeal to the next level?! With real chocolate covered strawberries! HOLY MOLY RIGHT?! I went to work and I was beyond happy with the outcome. The chocolate coating on the strawberries seeps into the oatmeal while baking and it's utterly perfect! 

Chocolate Strawberries
  • 3-4 Tablespoons chocolate chips (dairy free if needed)
  • 4 medium strawberries, tops cut off

In a small microwave safe bowl heat chocolate chip for one minute, stir, and heat for 20 seconds until chocolate is completely melted.

When chocolate is melted, swirl strawberries in chocolate completely covering all sides. Set strawberries on wax paper (so they don't stick to plate) and place in fridge to cool. I prepared the strawberries the day before.

Oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup gluten free oatmeal
  • heaping 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less to taste)
  • 3 Tablespoons liquid egg whites or 1 egg (yolk+white)
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Preheat oven to 350F degrees and spray a ramekin with nonstick cook spray or coconut oil. 

Mix dry ingredients- oats, baking powder, and cinnamon.

When dry ingredients are combined add in wet ingredients- liquid egg whites, vanilla extract, and almond milk.

Finally, when the batter is mixed place chocolate strawberries on top of batter. 

Bake at 350F degrees for 30-35 minutes or until oatmeal is set. Allow to cool for a few minutes (if you can restrain yourself) before digging in. I drizzled a little bit of walden farms zero calorie chocolate sauce over top before digging in.


No comments:

Post a Comment