Tuesday, March 8, 2016

National Pancake Day Roundup

Happy National Pancake Day! Y'all know pancakes are one of my favorite foods, so of course this holiday MUST be celebrated! I'm still bummed iHop doesn't have gluten free pancakes, can we please make that happen?! 

Even though I won't be celebrating at iHop I will be celebrating by making myself some gluten free pancakes. If you're trying to stay on track by eating healthier, don't worry you can still celebrate National Pancake Day! I rounded up my top 5 favorite healthy pancake recipes! 


These coconut flour pancakes are a staple in my house. I make them at least once a week because they're easy, quick, and ridiculously healthy. I love adding fruit into the batter for a sweeter pancake. My favorite toppings are of course fresh fruit and Walden Farms Zero calorie syrups.


Oreo pancakes. That's all I have to say. Now you may be doubting how healthy these pancakes are, but have no fear! An entire stack of pancakes is only 232 calories and contains 23g carbs, 5g fat, and 26g of protein. Even the Oreo "frosting" filling is healthy with only 94 calories and 8 grams of protein. These Oreos are sure to keep you full and satisfy your sweet tooth without expanding your waistline. 


Pumpkin season is all year in my house. My mom always makes a crustless pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, so I channeled her pumpkin vibes and turned pie into pancakes! These pumpkin pie pancakes are incredibly moist and melt in your mouth like real pumpkin pie. You will definitely think you're eating a pie when you devour these delicious pancakes!


If you're looking for more of a pancake and less of a pie stack of pumpkin pancakes I've got you covered with these healthy chocolate chip pumpkin pie pancakes. These pancakes are still incredibly moist, but fluffier like pancakes. Not to mention there's chocolate chips. That always seals the deal for me. 


Blueberries and bananas are two of my favorite fruits and they come together perfectly in these gluten free blueberry banana pancakes. These pancakes have been a staple in my house for years and were one of the first gluten free pancake recipes that I made. Besides, who can resist plump, juicy blueberries?

How will you be celebrating National Pancake Day? If you make any of these pancakes take a picture, tag me on instagram, and use the hashtag #thesimplelife I'd love to see your creations! Don't forget to like my new Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment