Friday, March 11, 2016

Triple Chocolate Protein Breakfast Bake


Happy Friday! Apparently I'm on a breakfast bake roll with multiple breakfast bakes in the past week. The one thing I love about breakfast bakes is they require minimal ingredients, only a few variations can make a BIG difference, and you can eat them for any meal- I've also been known to eat them for lunch or dinner...

Apparently I'm also on a chocolate roll, which is rare for me. I'm not really a sweets gal, but sometimes you just gotta go with your tastebuds. This breakfast bake is one of my favorites for two reasons 1. it's packed with protein to help keep you full longer and 2. its a triple chocolate threat with chocolate protein, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips. If that's not enough to convince you to eat chocolate for breakfast then I don't know what is!

Triple Chocolate Protein Breakfast Bake
  • 1/2 cup gluten free oats
  • 2 Tablespoons chocolate protein (I've used Vega, Cellucor, Quest, and BeFit)
  • 1 Tablespoon Hershey's special dark cocoa powder
  • heaping 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 Tablespoon honey or maple syrup
  • 1/2 small banana, mashed
  • 1/2-1 Tablespoon dairy free chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F degrees and spray ramekin with nonstick cook spray or coconut oil.

In ramekin combine oats, baking powder, chocolate protein powder, and cocoa powder. 

When the dry ingredients are mixed add in almond milk, vanilla extract, honey/maple syrup, and mashed banana. Mix well and be sure to scrape down the sides of the ramekin so no dry ingredients are left unmixed.

Finally top batter with chocolate chips.

Bake at 350F degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until top is set. I like to slightly under bake mine because then the chocolate is extra gooey. I like to top mine with a variety of fresh fruit and sometimes some granola for an added crunch.

If you make this delicious breakfast bake take a picture, tag me on instagram, and use the hashtag #thesimplelife I'd love to see your creations! Don't forget to like my new Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment