Monday, February 22, 2016

Blueberry Peach Baked Oatmeal


Happy Monday! Can it please be spring? This weekend was a delightful taste of spring, yet it's already been taken away and there's snow in the forecast. I was hoping we were done with snow, but I think mother nature has different plans (sadly). 

It really was a taste of spring this weekend and not only because the weather was gorgeous, but because peaches were on sale at the grocery store! I try to stick to seasonal produce because it's cheaper- I am not paying $3.99 for a carton of strawberries. When I saw peaches on sale I did a happy dance and loaded up. I may have already eaten 90% percent of them though...whoops. I did save a peach to make baked oatmeal and lemme tell you peaches are DELICIOUS in baked oats!

Blueberry Peach Baked Oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup gluten free oats
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less to taste)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 Tablespoons liquid egg whites or 1 egg (yolk+white)
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
  • 1 small peach, sliced
  • 1/8 cup blueberries

Preheat oven to 350F degrees and spray a ramekin with nonstick cook spray or coconut oil.

In ramekin combine oats, baking powder, and cinnamon. 

When dry ingredients are mixed add in liquid egg whites (or egg), vanilla extract, and almond milk. Stir until combined.

Place peach slices on top of batter, they may sink slightly but that's ok, and then top with blueberries. 

Bake at 350F degrees for 30-35 minutes. Oatmeal is done when the center is firm and no liquid remains. My oats are done in about 35 minutes, but every oven is different. 

Remove ramekin from oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before eating. 

If you make it take a picture, tag me on instagram, and use the hashtag #thesimplelife I'd love to see your creations! Don't forget to like my new Facebook page! Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment