Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Raspberry Banana Bread Bake


Happy Tuesday! I must say this is one of my favorite creations to date. I wasn't planning on posting the recipe, but I got a lot of request for it when I posted it on instagram so I had to share. 

It has been freezing cold all day and I just wanted something warm for lunch after shoveling snow (nothing like going from 55 to snow in a matter of days). I have been working on a banana bread baked oatmeal for awhile, but today I nailed it and took it to another level by adding fresh raspberries. It was AMAZING! It was moist, perfectly bananay with bursts of fresh raspberries, and the sauce HOLY MOLY! This is definitely a must try for any banana bread or baked oats lover! 

Raspberry Banana Bread Bake
  • 1/3 cup gluten free oats
  • 2 Tablespoons gluten free all purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • pinch cinnamon (optional)
  • 1/2 banana, mashed
  • small handful raspberries
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 Tablespoon honey/agave/maple syrup
  • small splash of vanilla extract
  • chocolate chips (optional)

Raspberry Sugar Cookie Peanut Butter Sauce

Preheat oven to 350F degrees and spray a ramekin with nonstick cook spray. 

In ramekin combine oats, flour, baking powder, and cinnamon (if including). 

Add almond milk, honey/agave/maple syrup, and vanilla extract into ramekin and combine. 

Add in mashed banana into ramekin and combine. 

Finally, fold into raspberries into batter and top with chocolate chips if using.

Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.

While ramekin is in oven, mix combine mashed raspberries and mashed banana in small container. 

Mix sugar cookie peanut butter in to mashed raspberry and banana mix. 

Add just enough almond milk to reach thick consistency, if you want a thinner sauce add in more almond milk. 

When raspberry banana bread bake is done remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before topping with peanut butter sauce. I also threw on a small handful of fresh raspberries.

If you make this delicious bake take a picture, tag me on instagram, and use the hashtag #thesimplelife I'd love to see your creations! Don't forget to like my new Facebook page!


No comments:

Post a Comment