Thursday, December 1, 2016

Thinking Out Loud #13

Happy Thursday! I can't believe it's already been a week since Thanksgiving, time is really flying by which means I really need to get going on Christmas shopping😳 I am so not about Black Friday shopping, having worked Black Friday at a retail store I saw firsthand how horrible it is for employees, plus I'd rather stay at home and shop online anyway. Anywho I hope you had a terrific Thanksgiving with family, friends, or whoever you celebrated with. On that note let's get to this weeks thinking out loud!


1. Thanksgiving did not turn out as expected in my family. Holidays rarely go according to plan, but my dad wound up in the hospital the day before Thanksgiving complaining of chest pain and shortness of breath. Come to find out he has AFIB so he was forced to spend Thanksgiving in the hospital. The day before Thanksgiving was an incredibly long day with him going to the hospital and then my boyfriend came to see me before leaving to visit his family for Thanksgiving. I got to bed around 3 and was wide awake a little after 6. I hate coffee but I was in desperate need of caffeine so the amazing nurse on my dad's floor brought me some coffee. It tasted like dirt but it got the job done. Thankfully my dad is ok and his heart went back into rhythm.


2. People always make fun of me for keeping a protein bar in my coat pocket but you never know when you're going to need a snack! Keeping an rxbar in my pocket came in handy while I was visiting my dad in the hospital. Everything in the hospital was closed for Thanksgiving so unless I left the hospital I couldn't get lunch. Luckily I had the bar with me so I munched on that and then got some more food when I got home. 

3. Despite all the craziness with my dad being in the hospital I still managed to get to the gym every morning. I took a few days off lifting over Thanksgiving weekend and just ran but my workouts have been feeling awesome! My runs are getting longer and I've been shaving time off my miles which makes me really happy🙌 even though I only took a few days off from lifting I have been feeling my lifts this week. My entire body is sore😳


4. Over the long weekend I did get some much needed downtime with my boyfriend. His phone had been having problems so we got up bright and early to get to the Apple store on Saturday to see the genius bar. He was able to get his phone replaced but his backup got corrupted somehow so he had to go with an earlier back up from September so he lost two months worth of stuff on his phone🙈 Needless to say he was not a happy camper, but at least he didn't lose everything on his phone. 

5. I'm almost done with the HBO series The Newsroom and I'm so sad! By far it is one of my favorite shows of all time👌 I only have three episodes left in the final season and I'm trying to stretch them out so I don't blow through them all at once. If you ever need a show to watch I highly recommend The Newsroom, I really can't praise it enough. It's written and shot so well. It's free if you have Amazon prime.


6. While most people were out Black Friday shopping or getting back from shopping my boyfriend and I met up with some friends at Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the Red Wings hockey game. I'm not a big drinker and I don't drink often but I like to have a drink when I'm out with friends. I got the Buffalo zoo and it was so good😋 it was definitely strong but I only had one and then had plenty of water, plus I wasn't the one driving home. If you ever go to Bdubs I definitely recommend trying out the Buffalo zoo, it's delicious.


7. I have not been on social media a lot over the past week due to everything going on, but I was on instagram yesterday and got tagged in a post. The lovely @veggiefiles made my flourless chocolate peanut butter muffins. Seeing you guys make my recipes totally makes my day and I love seeing those posts! Please tag me and use the hashtag #thesimplelife so I can see your creations💜

I'll end things on seven this week. Have a great Thursday and stay warm outside (it's freezing here)☃

What did you do for Thanksgiving? Do you have any fun family traditions for the holidays?

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That sounds like an intense Thanksgiving. Praising God for His marvelous sovereign protection of your dad.

    You always motivate me with your morning workouts. Surprisingly this lazy athlete (me) has been doing more morning runs which have been SO amazing since I often feel kind of 'low' on energy in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete