Thursday, December 8, 2016

Thinking Out Loud #14

Happy Thursday!! I apologize for being MIA this week, but my dad has been in the hospital all week so things have been a little crazy with going back and forth to the hospital multiple times a day. I still wanted to get a quick thinking out loud post up this week so here goes nothing!


1. Despite everything going on I have been hitting the gym for quick lifts and runs. I have been lengthening out my runs and despite being sleep deprived with everything going on my runs have been feeling really good. The post run high has been a nice energy boost too.


2. Last Friday I finished the series finale of The Newsroom and I'm very sad it's over. The finale was definitely good but I have nothing to watch now so if you have any recommendations for good shows that are available on Amazon let me know! If you haven't watched The Newsroom definitely check it out, I know I have praised it but it is seriously so well written and shot. Aaron Sorkin is a genius🙌


3. I read this in a Christmas card and literally laughed out loud😂 even Santa gets hangry!


4. Monday I got stuck at the Apple Store getting my mom's phone repaired so I had a lot of time to kill. I walked around the mall and of course had to go into Sir La Table, which is an awesome store if you've never been to one. They had the cutest foodie ornaments ever! There were cupcakes, pancakes, chocolate covered strawberries, avocado toast with chia seeds and so many others. Of course I had to snap a pic of the avocado toast because it was so dang cute. 


5. With my dad being in the hospital I have had zero time to food prep so a lot of my meals have been on the go. Luckily there is a lot of healthy options near the hospital including a Whole Foods. I made this delicious salad at the salad bar and took it over to eat with my dad. I finally got to try some of the Whole Foods roasted sweet potatoes and they are so good😍 I am definitely going to try to recreate this recipe because it was so good! 


6. One of my friends shared this picture with me and I got a good laugh out of it. It's totally disgusting but sometimes in nasty situations you have to have a sense of humor to get through. After everything going on this week this picture provided a much needed laugh. 

I'm going to stop at six this week and keep things short and sweet. I hope to be back with some recipes next week but in the mean time have a great Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment