Thursday, January 25, 2018

Morning Show and Puppies: Thinking Out Loud #73

Happy Thursday! This week has felt impossibly long. I've been working the morning show so 2:30am wake up calls are rough, but I'm also off work at noon which is really nice. It's been a week full of travel, long hours, but it's also been fun week of surprises. I feel like I'm babbling from sleep deprivation right now, so before I start to make even less sense than right now let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud.


1. Working the morning show is no joke, especially in a blizzard. I was largely by myself running my own live shot, which really isn't as complicated as it sounds. I was live every 15-20 minutes from 5am to 9am, which I enjoyed, but I was FROZEN by the time I got to come inside for a short break before heading back out for the midday show and being live again. I missed all my morning gym people and getting a workout before work, by the time I was off work I was dead tired and so cold. I still dragged myself to the gym, but it was not my usual difficult workout, I just could not muster the energy to perform at that level.


2. We were all laughing at this picture in the newsroom. People in the south who rarely get snow don't have the first clue to drive in it. Heck people who regularly drive in snow don't have the first clue how to drive in it😂 the advice the weatherman gave was hilarious. You don't want to burn your grandma do you?! 


3. Buzzfeed is a black hole that is just easy to fall into. Some friends and I took one of their quizzes which tells you what your hidden talent it. It told me mine was dog whispering😂 I am addicted to puppies and everyone knows it so we all laughed at it's accuracy. 


4. Speaking of dogs, I'm so glad this pup is full of so much love. She never fails to greet me before and after work and is always the happiest pup. I don't care what anyone says puppy kisses are therapy. There's been a few rough days this week, but she never fails to put me in a better mood. Dogs are the best form of therapy💜


5. I made a last minute trip home for a family emergency and it was so nice to come home to my puppy. She was so excited and wild when I walked in the door. My parents were in total shock as they didn't expect me to be home. I love surprises and surprising people so it was nice to give a much needed pleasant surprise. I'm home for less than two days so it's a very quick trip, but it's nice to be home. I'm definitely getting my puppy fill in now, but I don't want to leave her or my parents this afternoon😢


6. This is a quote a friend sent me this week. There's been a lot going on in life between family and work and attempting to have a life outside of work. This definitely brought a sense of calm to me as I was dealing with everything. Do not be afraid brings me calm because it reminds me I'm not in control so let go and let God.

Have a great week and a fantastic weekend🎉🎉🎉


What is your favorite part about coming home? 

How do you stay healthy when flying?

1 comment:

  1. AMEN> I love that reminder to NOT fear. If God is for us who can be against us. I love coming home to the warm family atmosphere so much; and also I LOVE those puppy greetings when you get home.

    You're amazing to get up so early and be on every 15-20 minutes; that sounds so exhausting! O_o

    ReplyDelete