Thursday, January 18, 2018

Workouts and MLK: Thinking Out Loud #72

Happy Thursday! It's been a whirlwind of a week and I'm very glad it's my weekend now. I know the upcoming weekend will be even crazier so right now I'm going to enjoy the downtime. The past few months my weekends have been go, go, go, but I finally have time to slow things down and I'm planning on enjoying every second of it. So let's get to it and jump into this weeks thinking out loud.



1. I finally took down my mini Christmas tree. I've always hated packing up the Christmas decorations because I love everything about the holiday season. I love all the glitter, the ornaments, and just the feeling of the holiday season. People seem to be a little nicer and a little more willing to give to others. I did have some thoughts about just leaving it up because Christmas will roll around again soon enough and then it's all ready😂 I put it all away and now have an empty corner. I can't decide what to get to put there now though...


2. I had my first cinnamon roll in at least 15 years. It's nearly impossible to find allergy friendly bakeries, but there's a place in town that caters to food allergies. My expectations were blown out of the water! It wasn't too sweet, it was melt in your mouth amazing and I honestly don't know if anyone would know that they're allergy friendly. I only had half and I have the other half in my freezer, I might dive into it at some point today😍



3. The emergency alert sirens sounded in Hawaii by accident last weekend causing mass chaos, I don't know if you saw the news story or not. My favorite thing to come out of all of video and photos was this one. If you think you're about to die and the buffet line is empty you're darn tooting I'd be up there clearing it out. Why not die with some good dessert in your stomach?😂 



4. We get animals that are looking for a home through the human society on set on Wednesday- it's my favorite day of the week at work. Normally it's cats, but there's an occasional dog. This massive cat was just as mellow as could be and was such cutie. I wanted to take him home, but sadly I'm allergic enough to where constantly being around him would be a problem. I'm hoping he gets a really awesome home though!



5. I've gotten a few requests to start sharing more workouts. Most of the time I get workouts from bodybuilding.com but I combine them with sets that I make up. This is a set that I use to finish my workouts sometimes and it definitely gets the blood flowing and heart pumping! The great part is it doesn't involve any equipment so it's easily done at home or just about anywhere. If you try it out let me know what you think and tag me on instagram!



6. I got to be a part of a really awesome event in the community this past week. It was a meal packing party where over 10,000 meals were packed for hungry people in the community. Each bag contained enough for six servings which I thought was really awesome because it's not just one meal for the person than. The amount of love I've witnessed in this community just makes me heart want to burst and reminds me that there is so much good in the world still.



7. Speaking of good in the world, with this past Monday being MLK day I thought it was only fitting to end with my favorite quote from Dr. King. This is my favorite quote from Dr. King. It's so beautiful and it's a powerful reminder of how much love can change the world. There's a lack of love in the world and I think if we all showed a little more love and kindness it would do everyone a world of good.

Happy Thursday and have a great weekend everyone!

Have you put away the Christmas decorations yet? When do you think they should come down?

What is one thing that has brought you joy this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment