Thursday, September 5, 2019

Labor Day Recap & Sleepless in NE: Thinking Out Loud 121


Happy Thursday! It seems like coming off a holiday weekend the week just seems to drag by, it's either that or the fact I haven't slept more than an hour (or two MAX) in months is finally wearing on me. Nonetheless, we got out of Lincoln on Saturday and headed to a farm outside Omaha for their sunflower festival. Before I get into all of that, let's jump in this weeks thinking out loud



1. A little family farm about an hour and a half from us held a sunflower festival over Labor Day weekend. I love sunflower so we left bright and early Saturday morning- mostly to get out of town because the Huskers had their first game and no one wants to be in Lincoln then if you don't like the Huskers. We got to the farm only to be rained on some and totally covered in mud, but the sunflowers were beautiful 🌻 If we are still in NE next year we will definitely be going back! 


2. Of course Ginger got her trip to the dog park per usual. Thankfully it's started cooling down (although temporarily) and after the holiday weekend we were some of the only ones at the dog park. Ginger had the entire stream to herself and spent probably 10-15 minutes just laying in the water. Our dog is a little weird, trust me I am well aware.


3. Three batches of fudgey dark chocolate brownies have been made in the past five days. Prior to changing jobs I hardly ever had time to bake so having time to do that now is really nice 👍 If you would like the recipe you can nab it here.


4. My wonderful, sweet, slightly behind on the times husband just figured out snapchat filters. He got so excited when he figured them out that I have been indicated with snapchats because he's playing with the filters. He got upset when his favorite filter went away- I had to explain that filters change.


5. Have I mentioned Ginger is spoiled? I thought so. Just look at her. Spoiled rotten but so freaking cute 🐶 

6. As I've mentioned I literally have not been sleeping. Insomnia is part of lupus, but in the past few months it's gotten a zillion times worse. I've been getting at most an hour or two of sleep a night for months on end. I've tried every over the counter sleep aid in existence, tea, sleepy time yoga, and all the other suggestions that have come my way. When I told my rheumatologist about it she said she didn't believe it that it was that bad (what kind of doctor says that to a patient?!) and that if I wanted something stronger than over the counter I better find myself another doctor (I repeat WHAT DOCTOR TELLS A PATIENT THAT?!). So, in the mean time if you have any suggestions please drop them in the comments. I am desperate and so exhausted. 


7. This has been majorly resonating with me this week. People are so quick to judge before they even know what is going on. We are all guilty of it, but there's been a few in the past weeks that have been very hurtful to myself and I think the thing that astounded me the most was those who were judging were supposed to be friends and knew absolutely nothing about the situation. Lesson being, be slow to judge (frankly don't judge at all) and instead of extending judgement extend grace. We could all use a little more grace in this world. 

Have a great Thursday and a terrific weekend 🎉 

No comments:

Post a Comment