Wednesday, September 11, 2019

NE Heat & A Shook Pup: Thinking Out Loud #122


Happy Thursday! This week has been FLYING by! We are looking forward to the weekend because it's been a hectic week. This month is super busy for us with traveling, friends moving, charity events, and a million other things. Literally every weekend this month we have something going on. We're savoring all the quiet moments as they're far and few between and we are both very much home bodies. Anyway, let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud

1. THIS is how we've felt all week ๐Ÿ˜‚ Ginger likes to lay on her back and her paws on the air and wag her tag telling us to pet her, but every once in awhile she has this shook look on her face ๐Ÿถ It kills us because it just embodies how we feel about Monday. Anyone else feel like this after the weekend ๐Ÿ™‹‍♀️ 

2. Running. Sigh. It's been a love/hate relationship for me over the past year. Since I got hurt about two years ago there's been a lot of pain for me while I run so I stopped for a long time then moved to a slow trot, like turtle pace ๐Ÿข This week I've been ramping up my efforts and running outside. But holy smokes it is still HOT outside ๐Ÿ”ฅNebraska in the summer is not a runners friend. Case in point...

3. My husband is super supportive as you can tell ๐Ÿ˜‚ I love the challenge of running outside but it's been so hot it's been horrible to do. The past few days have been over 100 with heat index, so not a chance I've been running outside. The treadmill is super boring to me but I didn't want heat stroke so I've been hitting it every day. Otherwise my husband would be scrapping me off the pavement. 

4. I cannot handle this dog ๐Ÿ˜‚ She laid like this for over an hour sandwiched between the hubs and I on our bed while we read. She's such a drama queen, but when she lays like this all I can think of is a yogi pup.

5. We are heading to Kansas City in a few weeks so if you've been send us recommendations! Where should we go? What should we do? Where should we eat? We went for a few days last year for a Taylor Swift concert, but we'd love to try out some new places. We have a super cute AirBnB and Ginger is coming with us, so bonus if you can give us a few dog friendly places!

6. This quote has been on my mind since I stumbled across it earlier this week. The world has such a skewed perception of what beauty is. Beauty is about so much more than people. Beauty is in every single thing. Look around you at the magnificent sights, the sounds, the tastes, the people, the animals. EVERYTHING IS BEAUTIFUL. In Ecclesiastes 3:11 it says, "He has made everything beautiful in its time." I pray those words speak light and love into your life. No matter what anyone says you are beautiful and you are loved.

Have a wonderful Thursday and a terrific weekend ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰

1 comment: