Friday, August 21, 2020

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites (No bake, gluten free)


It's been a LONG time since I've shared a recipe on here. Honestly, it's been awhile since I felt like baking anything because working from home has kept me so busy and I no longer have coworkers to take treats into. 

Slowly but surely I've gotten back into the kitchen. This week has been super stressful so I've found myself baking more than usual. I don't know what it is about baking, but it's such a good way to relax. 

With the summer heat the last thing I want to do is turn on my oven. Instead of baking, I've been testing out no bake recipes. This one has been a winner with my hubs and our neighbors. It's quick, easy, it's a great one to involve the kids on, and best of all you can keep your ovens off!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 3 Tablespoons butter (I used plant butter and it works just as well as dairy butter)
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 4 oz bakers chocolate
In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer combine peanut butter and butter until smooth.

Add in powdered sugar to peanut butter/butter combo and mix until combined.

Next, using your hands roll the mixture into balls and place on a plate. Depending on the size of your balls you will get between 10-15 balls. 

Place plate with peanut butter bites in freezer for 15-20 minutes until firm. 

When you take peanut butter balls out of freezer, put 4 ounces of bakers chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and heat up in 30 second intervals until melted. Depending on the strength of your microwave it will take between 1-2 minutes. 

Once chocolate is melted coat one peanut butter bite at a time until all have been covered in chocolate. 

Place chocolate covered peanut butter bites in freezer again for 15-20 minutes until the chocolate has hardened, then dig in!

Store chocolate peanut butter bites in fridge for up to a week. 

If you make them tag me in your photos on instagram @rachael_miner, I can't wait to see your creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment