Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Avocado, Pineapple, Chicken Salad

As of late I've been on a salad creating spree. I have had a lot of fun experimenting with sautéing different vegetables, fruits, and lean meats. It's hard to go wrong with salad!

 I literally whipped up this salad in less than ten minutes, granted the chicken was already baked so had I had to bake it would have taken longer. Nonetheless it is easy to throw together and I used what I already had in my kitchen.
  • 2 cups organic romaine lettuce
  • 1/4 small avocado cut into chunks
  • 1/4 cup mandarin oranges
  • 1/3 cup frozen peach slices
  • 1/3 cup fresh pineapple chunks
  • 6 strawberries cut in half
  • 10 grapes, red or green
  • 1 small chicken breast, already baked 

Place romaine lettuce and grapes on a plate and set aside. 

Spray a skillet with nonstick cook spray and heat to a medium heat. Add in everything expect grapes and lettuce.

Sauté chicken long enough to brown it and to bring out the natural juices in the fruit. Stir constantly so nothing sticks to pan and burns.

Remove skillet from heat and pour contents of skillet over lettuce and grapes. 

Pour any extra juice remaining in skillet over salad as a "dressing." I did not add any extra dressing to my salad because the fruit was already really sweet and the pineapple had produced a decent amount of juice which I used as a "dressing." Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment