Monday, November 25, 2013

Crockpot Apricot Chicken


I have to admit I cheated. I know it is crockpot Monday but I actually made this delicious crockpot meal on Saturday. I'm sorry, I know it goes against tradition, but because of Thanksgiving this week I only have classes through Tuesday. I didn't want any food to go to waste so I decided to make a crockpot meal on Saturday and eat the leftovers until I go home. So technically even though I didn't make the crockpot meal today I am still eating crockpot leftovers, so crockpot Monday lives on!


It has started to snow and it has made me miss the sun and warm weather more than ever. I needed a little something summery to lift my spirits and what better way than with food? Summer is full of delicious fruits and vegetables and one of my favorite summer fruits are apricots. Apricots are loaded with fiber, which help keep you full longer. Apricots also contain lots of vitamins and nutrients that are really good for our bodies.

While I can't buy fresh apricots anymore I bought the next best thing, sun-dried apricots and used them to make a delicious slowcooker apricot chicken, 

You will need:

  • 3 chicken breasts
  • 1 cup dried apricots
  • one grind of black pepper
  • 1 small onion diced
  • 2 heaping tablespoons organic apricot jam
  • 1 cup organic chicken broth
  • OPTIONAL: Serve over 1/2 cup brown rice or spaghetti squash for a gluten free alternative

First layer the diced onion at the bottom of the crockpot.

Then, add the chicken breast on top of the onion. Add half a grind of pepper to each chicken breast.

Next, with a knife spread two heaping tablespoons of apricot jam over the chicken breasts.

After the chicken breasts are coated with jam spread the one cup of dried apricots over the chicken breasts.

Finally, pour the chicken broth into the crockpot. Cover the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. 

Nutrition (per serving): 
Calories: 261
Carbs: 42
Fats: 1 gram
Protein: 22 grams
Sodium: 71 mg
Sugar: 24 grams


3 comments:

  1. Vitalbrands, starting for the best shopping knowledge in our property, is the first and greatest web based shopping site in Pakistan devoted to streak deals. As a scaffold amongst Pakistan and China and Many Others Countries, Vitalbrands brings the best items into Pakistan from both the nearby and worldwide markets. With us encounter the liveliest and least demanding internet shopping background in the most bother free route in Pakistan. Since our venture into Pakistan in 2011, our shopping gateway has recorded exponential development. Energizing arrangements at fantastically costs are offered each day, with rebates coming to up 90%!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plumbing is a job which is allmost the basic need of every house owner. We need to value this job. This is really amazing. Keep on uploading more blogs like this often. See more infomration about instagram, please go to site. webstagram

    ReplyDelete