Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Healthy Hot Cocoa

BRRRR!! Is it November or February? I hate the cold, I always have and always will. My dog on the other hand absolutely adores the cold weather. She is naturally always hot and will run in the lake regardless of the temperature outside.

After taking Cora outside to play this morning I needed some hot cocoa to warm up. I refuse to use "fake" hot cocoa, aka the powdered stuff you buy at the store. The way I make hot cocoa is significantly lower in calories than traditional hot cocoa, it still tastes great, and warms you up! 

You will need:
  • 3/4 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
  • 1 Tablespoon homemade chocolate sauce, or Hersey's Syrup
  • OPTIONAL: Whipped Cream to top it off

Combine almond milk and chocolate sauce in a microwave safe mug. Heat mug up in microwave for one minute and twenty seconds (more or less time might be needed depending on the strength of your microwave). Use caution removing mug from microwave as it might be extremely hot! Top with whipped cream, if you're using it, and savor the warmth! 

Even Cora was begging for a taste of my hot cocoa!

No comments:

Post a Comment