Saturday, November 16, 2013

Post Workout Chocolate PB2 and Banana Smoothie


Happy Saturday!! I love starting out my weekend with an extra long workout, it really get me revved up and ready to go for whatever my day involves. Post workout I like to refuel my body with protein so my body can replenish some of the nutrients I lost during my workout. This morning I threw together a new smoothie and it was so delicious I knew I had to share! 

You will need:

  • 1 medium banana, cut into large chunks
  • 2 tablespoons PB2 
  • 2 tablespoons Hersey's cocoa powder, can substitute 2.5 tablespoons of Chocolate PB2 instead of PB2 and cocoa powder
  • 3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk 

Combine all ingredients in a blender.

Blend together all ingredients on a low or medium setting. It will not take very long for ingredients to blend together but make sure the banana is completely blended.

Pour into a glass and enjoy! 

Nutrition (makes one serving):
Calories: 200
Carbs: 4
Fat: 5 grams 
Protein: 7 grams
Sodium: 230mg
Sugars: 16 grams

4 comments:

  1. This looks great! Did you use the Natural Unsweetened Hershey's powder or the Special Dark powder? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have used both and they are both good, but I prefer the special dark. Thanks for stopping by my blog, have a terrific day!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the recipe. I used chocolate chocolate protein powder instead of the cocoa for a post work out smoothie. A added a few ice cube to make it a bit thicker. A dash of almond extract is also tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing! I like my smoothies a little thicker & was thinking of trying with a frozen banana because I never seem to have ice cubes in my house.

    ReplyDelete