Saturday, November 2, 2013

Protein Packed Lunch In the Midst of Chaos!!

Yesterday morning was total chaos!! I was in the midst of making no bake protein bars, cutting up a pound and a half of salmon into single servings to freeze, and preparing a weeks worth of breakfast smoothie mixes. It's fair to say I washed more than my share of dishes! 

Before I knew it my tummy was grumbling alerting me that it was lunch time. I really did not want to make anything elaborate for lunch and I certainly did not want to dirty a ton more dishes that would have to be washed (again). I decided on salmon, fresh cut up veggies, cottage cheese, and banana. 

I put the salmon in the oven (400 degree) for twenty minutes and let it bake while I finished cutting up fruit for my breakfast smoothies. 

I had a veggie platter I had picked up at the grocery store so I used one cup of that. It was a variety of carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and cherry tomatoes. 

I also added 1/3 cup of cottage cheese for extra protein and three Ritz crackers to eat with it. To finish it up I cut up half a banana and mixed together one tablespoon PB2 powdered peanut butter. I smeared PB2 on the banana slices and whala! I had a low effort but highly nutritious lunch. I also had a glass of skim milk with my lunch.

I only had a few dishes to wash after and not a sink full of dirty dishes again! Nothing fancy, but still yummy and all the protein helped keep me full for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment