Monday, November 11, 2013

Tropical Delight Salad

Sometimes life gets busy and I don't have a ton of time to whip up a gourmet meal. I was in the midst of studying and lost track of time. Before I knew it it was rather late and I had to have something pretty quick for lunch or I was going to be late for a study group meeting on campus. 

I wanted something with a lot of protein to help hold me over but something also sweet. I ended up throwing together a rather tropical salad- it must be this gloomy weather inspiring tropical recipes. It is super easy to make, only five ingredients, and takes less than ten minutes to make!

You will need:
  • 1 medium baked organic chicken breast, I used a left over chicken breast that had already been baked
  • 2 cups organic romaine lettuce
  • 1/3 cup sliced strawberries
  • 1/3 frozen peach slices
  • 1/3 cup fresh cut pineapple

Place 2 cups of romaine lettuce on a plate and set aside.

Spray with nonstick cook spray and heat to a medium heat. Add chicken, pineapple, strawberries, and peaches. Allow to sauté for about five minutes stirring continuously so nothing stays in one place too long. You want to heat up and brown the chicken and bring the natural juices out of the fruit. 

Once the chicken is browned remove from heat and pour all contents of skillet over lettuce. Whala! A quick and easy salad high in protein and naturally sweet so you don't even need dressing.

Nutrition per serving (serves 1):
Calories: 218
Carbs: 19
Fats: 4 grams
Protein: 26 grams
Sodium: 52mg
Sugar: 12 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment