Monday, January 27, 2014

Better Late Than Never

I did not have time Friday to post a quick update and I know it's late but I figured I would post it anyway.

Friday morning I woke up bright and early to hit the gym before it got crowded. Before going to the gym I ate a blueberry chia seed muffin. These are my favorite muffins ever because not only are they delicious, but they're packed with protein to help fuel me through my morning workout. 

At the gym I did an hour of cardio- running and walking on the treadmill, and spent 30 minutes doing strength training. I like to change up my workout so sometimes I will do more strength training than cardio, or vice versa. If you're a person who gets easily bored with workouts change it up! Try different machines, it might seem scary to learn a new machine, but I promise no one will make fun of you. Everyone is in their own world at the gym focusing on themselves. 


After the gym I ran to the grocery store and picked up a few items. I even picked up a post workout treat. I love greek yogurt so I picked up a Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt Carmel Macchiato. I am loving the new flavors Dannon is coming out with, plus the fact that there is 12 grams of protein you can't go wrong with that! If you have not tried any of the new greek yogurt flavors you are seriously missing out!

Aside from a new yogurt flavor my day was pretty boring. I spent the rest of the day doing homework and taking care of Cora. 

For dinner I heated up leftover crockpot turkey sausage and vegetables. There wasn't a lot of leftovers left so I also had 1 cup of my mom's rice pilaf and a bunch of grapes.


On a side note, I downloaded Lance Bass's single Walking On Air and you have to check it out! I cannot stop playing it. It is an awesome song to workout to because it makes you want to dance. Be sure to check it out! 

Also, this weekend I posted my recipe for healthy homemade granola so be sure to check that out as well. Have great day and stay warm out in the bitter cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment