Saturday, July 26, 2014

Saturday Ramblings

My alarm went off way too early this morning after a late night of babysitting. I was slightly dragging, but I knew if I didn't get up and workout I would feel sluggish for the rest of the day. After fueling up with a protein packed breakfast I headed off to the gym.



I kicked some serious butt on the bike this morning! Not being able to run won't stop me from getting in a good workout. After the bike I walked on the treadmill to cool down and then moved on to do some light weight work. 



This is delayed, but I was so excited that I have to share. Yesterday morning while eating breakfast I saw my photo of cookies and cream parfait was featured on PB Crave's instagram! I was really excited and want to give a shout out to PB Crave for being awesome!


Today has been a day where everything has been on the go. I didn't want to fall off the bandwagon, especially after working so hard at the gym. Thankfully I had prepared an extra salad and had it in the fridge. I was able to grab it and eat in between all the craziness. 

California Turkey Griller Salad
  • 1 California Turkey Griller Patty
  • 1.5 cups organic baby spinach
  • 1/4 cup diced red pepper
  • 1/4 cup diced orange pepper
  • 1/4 cup avocado, cut into chunks
  • 2 tablespoons dried tart cherries
  • 3 tablespoons mixed pepitas and sunflower seeds
  • 2 tablespoons organic unsweetened dried coconut
  • 1.5 teaspoons chia seeds

With my salad I also had a quick and easy peanut butter yogurt parfait (I told you I'm on a parfait kick!)


Peanut Butter Yogurt Parfait
  • 1/2 cup Dannon Light and Fit vanilla greek yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon PB Crave Coco Banana Peanut Butter
  • 2 tablespoon homemade healthy granola


I wanted to share a photo I took yesterday to end the day on a positive note. My mom has these beautiful fuzzy purple flowers in her garden and I absolutely love them. Enjoying the simple pleasure of beautiful flowers is a good reminder that regardless of what is going on in life there is beauty all around. 

Flowers don't worry about anything and I think it's a good reminder that sometimes in life we allow ourselves to drown in our problems and self pity. Instead of allowing that to happen hand all of those worries over to God and allow yourself to bask in the beautiful sunshine of his glorious creation, just like these beautiful flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment