Thursday, August 14, 2014

10K and Refueling


It rained all day yesterday, so I was excited this morning was clear. I waited until it warmed up a bit and then headed out for a run. My body was craving a long run. Since well before my diagnosis I haven't been able to run far because of pain. I took it slow and ran at a leisurely pace.

I felt amazing when I finished running. It so great to have the wind in my face and just run. Running also serves as my prayer time, so it was nice to be able to connect with God while enjoying his beautiful creation.


Once I got back and cleaned up my stomach was rumbling. I had picked up a Dannon Light and Fit Mango Lemonade Greek yogurt at the grocery store a few days ago and decided to give it a try. I threw in two tablespoons of homemade granola with the yogurt. Normally I am not a fan of flavored yogurt because they often taste artificial. I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious the flavor was. The yogurt was a delicious post run snack and helped me refuel.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one! I find it's easier to focus on praying because then I stop watching the time

    ReplyDelete