Monday, August 4, 2014

Rainbows and Blueberry Banana Crumble

Lake days are always good days. I was bone tired yesterday after spending most of the day out by and on the lake. The weather was perfect for a lake day too- sunny and 82. It started clouding up late in the afternoon, but by that time we were already thinking about where to go for dinner.


I started off the morning with a run and refueled with a strawberry banana protein smoothie (check out the link for the delicious recipe). It was so peaceful to sip on my smoothie and gaze out at the lake, it really was the perfect way to refuel post run. 

Mid-morning I ran into town to pick up a few things we needed at the cabin and to pick up food at the grocery store. By the time I got back my tummy was rumbling for lunch. I was so hungry I forgot to take a picture of my meal-sorry! I heated up a salmon fillet and had some veggies with it. As a "dessert" I threw together a blueberry banana crumble parfait.


Blueberry Banana Crumble Parfait
  • 1/3 cup vanilla greek yogurt
  • 1/3 small banana, sliced
  • small handful of blueberries
  • 2 tablespoons homemade healthy granola
  • 2 tablespoons prepared PB2

I put everything in a parfait dish except the PB2. I prepared the PB2 in a separate small dish and then added it on top of the prepared parfait and mixed it in. You can add in just the PB2 powder if you choose, but I prefer the prepared version for a stronger peanut butter taste. If you want to be daring try almond butter instead of peanut butter!



When we were out at dinner it started raining. While we were bummed at least we got to enjoy most of the day outside at the lake. By the time we got back to the cabin we were treated to a beautiful rainbow making the rain completely worthwhile!  

"I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth." -Genesis 9:13

No comments:

Post a Comment