Friday, August 15, 2014

Morning Glory


Mornings are my favorite time of time. People used to tell me I was wired wrong because teenagers are supposed to sleep in, but apparently my circadian rhythm never got the memo. Even at 20 I still wake up at or before 5 am every day, no alarm clock necessary. 

I love early mornings for two reasons: everything is so peaceful and I can get a kick butt workout in before having to really start my day. Early morning runs are also my favorites in the summer. I love watching the sun rise and the world come to life. 


After getting my miles in for the day I threw together a quick Pure Protein yogurt bowl. It had:
  • 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
  • 1 Pure Protein Chocolate Deluxe Bar, cut into chunks and heated up in the microwave for 35 seconds
  • 2 smaller homemade granola clusters, broken into chunks
The yogurt bowl hit the spot after running and it was packed with protein to help me refuel. 


Later on my cousin brought her puppy Jake over the cabin. Cora was in absolute heaven playing with Jake. Jake also discovered his love for the lake- he loved moving giant rocks, it was pretty funny to watch! Both pups were exhausted by the time they left. Cora crashed in her crate for the night and was even exhausted the next day. A tired puppy is always a good puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment