Thursday, August 28, 2014

Super Simple Egg White Omelette


Going through my pictures reminds me how many posts I have to catch up on. It's depressing to think summer is over and I have less time now to blog since I am back at school- it's only the fourth day of classes and the work has already been piled high. Sigh.

Anyways, when it rains it pours, literally. A few days before I moved back to college we had a stretch of days where it was sunny and nice for most of the day, but in the early evening the skies would open up and pour. It was on one of those days where it poured that my mom and I were going to grill chicken and fish. I love to grill, but I am not standing out in the pouring rain to do so. I ended up making breakfast for dinner instead.

I'm not a huge omelette fan, but we had egg whites in the house leftover from when my brother was home and I didn't want them to be thrown out. I also just felt like having breakfast. The omelette exceeded my expectations and next time when I have an omelette hankering I will definitely be making this one!

You will need:
  • 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
  • 1/8 cup diced red bell pepper
  • 1/8 cup diced orange bell pepper 
  • small handful of mixed kale and spinach
  • 1.5 tablespoons mozzarella cheese

Spray a skillet thoroughly with nonstick cook spray. Heat to medium/low heat.

When the pan is heated pour in egg whites. Cook for about 3 minutes. 

Use a spatula and flip the omelette- it will look like an egg pancake. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.

Reduce to a very low heat. Add in bell peppers, spinach/kale and cheese. Fold omelette in half and cook just long enough to allow cheese to melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment