Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Cabin Days


Nothing like writing today's post while watching the sunrise over the lake. It's so incredibly peaceful. A little clean northern air does the soul good every once in awhile. Yesterday was another busy day of lake festivities, but I managed to squeak away for awhile and check out a tiny gym located in a small town. Surprisingly the gym had really nice, relatively new equipment and I killed my workout! You know you've had a good workout when you leave dripping in sweat.

After a quick stop at the grocery store before I headed back to the cabin to clean up and grab lunch. I am not someone who is usually hungry after a workout, but I know my body needs to refuel. I did not want something heavy that would sit in my stomach for hours so I made a light salad and topped it with one of my new favorites- goji berries!

Goji Berry Salad
  • 1.5 cups organic mixed greens
  • 1/3 cup diced bell peppers, I used red and orange
  • 1/4 cup avocado, cut into chunks
  • 3 medium cherry tomatoes, I sliced them into halves
  • 1/4 cup pepitas and sunflower seeds
  • 1 teaspoon dried tart cherries
  • 2.5 tablespoons goji berries

Along with my salad I had some greek yogurt topped with a bit of granola and banana slices smeared with PB2.




I was in charge of dinner last night so, after playing on the lake all afternoon I braved the heat and humidity and slaved away over the hot grill. A little dramatic I know, but it was extremely humid to be grilling. The end result way totally worth it though because everyone kept telling me how delicious dinner was and they want it again. 

I had to laugh because dinner was nothing overly fancy. My dad had requested chicken kabobs so I threw those on the grill along with some fresh veggies. 



Vegetables take awhile to cook on the grill, but the wait is well worth it. Be sure the grill is heated all the way up before putting anything on the grill.


I grilled the veggies for seven minutes and then put the chicken and chicken kabobs on the grill. The meat only needed seven minutes per side, time will vary depending on how thick the meat is. While the meat is cooking be sure to stir and flip the vegetables often so they cook evenly. 

I suppose I should go workout now because I am rapidly losing motivation to do so. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment