Saturday, August 2, 2014

Chocolate Deluxe Protein Parfait


This morning I didn't have a lot of time to workout at the gym before I had to be ready for the day. On the weekends the gym I go to doesn't open until 7 so I ended up with a little over an hour to workout. Let me tell you I kicked butt this morning at the gym. I powered through 40 minutes of cardio and almost half an hour of weight training. By the time I left the gym I was dripping in sweat.

After my grueling workout I needed a quick snack to refuel- of course, parfaits are my go to. It's no secret that I have a love affair with Quest Bars (who doesn't!?!) and heated up Quest Bars are out of this world. That got my brain thinking, why not heat up another type of protein bar? And so I did just that. I chopped up a GF Pure Protein Bar and microwaved it for 25 seconds. It came out all ooey and gooey like a brownie fresh out of the oven. Let me tell you it was DELICIOUS mixed in with greek yogurt!

Pure Protein Yogurt
  • 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons homemade granola
  • 1 Gluten Free Pure Protein Chocolate Deluxe Bar, cut into chunks

Cut up protein bar into chunks. Microwave for 20-25 seconds depending on the strength of your microwave.

Place heated up protein bar chunks in with greek yogurt and homemade granola (if desired) and enjoy the ooey gooey goodness!


No comments:

Post a Comment