Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Choppy Waters

It has been a rough day all the way around. I went to change to workout when I started feeling really sick. Ever since my stomach has been really upset and my brain feels like a jackhammer has been at work. Needless to say I never got the chance to lace up my sneakers for a run, which is extremely frustrating.

I didn't dare eat the amazing meal I had planned for lunch with my stomach tossing and turning. Instead, I opted for a bowl of oatmeal (at my mom's recommendation) to be gentle on my stomach. On the bright side I got to try a new brand of gluten free oats I bought- Love Grown Foods Super Oats with Chia. They are amazing and I highly recommend them! 


Ingredients: 
  • 1/2 cup (GF) unprepared oats 
  • 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
  • 1/2 peach cut into chunks
  • 1/3 medium banana
  • 1/3 cup vanilla greek yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon almond butter

In a microwave safe bowl prepare oats according to the directions. 

*If you are using Love Grown Foods Super Oats with Chia I don't recommend using the 1 cup of water they say to use. I only used 1/2 cup water- the yogurt makes the oats really moist and you don't want oatmeal soup.*

After oats are cooked add in fresh fruit, greek yogurt and top with almond butter.


No comments:

Post a Comment