Saturday, August 9, 2014

Night Out: A Different Michigan Salad


I know, I know the salad has the same name, but I promise it's not the same salad or the same restaurant. We wanted to eat a nicer restaurant, however in the middle of nowhere food choices are limited.

We found a restaurant, but were not at all impressed by the service or food. We got to the restaurant and there was a bunch of empty tables, but we still had to wait 20 minutes to be seated. Once we were finally seated we waited another 10 minutes (if not more) to get a waitress to our table. By then we were thirsty, VERY hungry and angry (what I call hangry which is NEVER a good combination). We basically had memorized the menu by then so we ordered immediately and it took an hour to get our food, which was not overly impressive especially given the price.

Overall the food was good, but I don't think it was worth what they charged. I did enjoy my salad, but it could be made at home with a few simple ingredients.

Michigan Salad (same name different place and salad)
  • 2 cups mixed greens lettuce
  • one smoked, shredded turkey breast
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/4 cup dried tart cherries

No comments:

Post a Comment