Saturday, December 13, 2014

Christmas Chaos

Christmas may be the most wonderful time of the year, but it is also the busiest. My last final was on Wednesday morning- it wasn't even a final it was just a presentation, so I drove home afterward. I would have liked to stay at school and just enjoy my apartment for a few days, but I am one of the leads in a play at home so I had to go home. 


Cora happily greeted me, but I think it's just because she knows I give her peanut butter (her favorite). I had a fairly large box that I put all my peanut butters and almond butters in to take home over break and somehow no matter where I put it she always finds it and starts licking it. She likes peanut butter almost as much as I do ;)


Thursday morning I was up bright and early to be at the gym when they opened so I could squeeze in a workout before I had to go and run lines. It ended up being one of my best workouts in a while despite me being exhausted. My post workout snack while running lines was a Quest S'mores bar. HOLY GUACAMOLE IT'S THE BEST FLAVOR EVER! I may have gone a tad overboard when Quest had their cyber Monday sale- I got five boxes (In all fairness not all of them were mine, just most) :) 


Seriously though the s'mores tops the cookies and cream as my favorite, you need to try it! I mean how can you say no to all those delicious s'mores chunks?!


Thursday night I made a double batch of my flourless peanut butter banana muffins for my brother. My brother is coming home from California for Christmas and he requested a batch of flourless peanut butter banana muffins because they are his favorite. I made them, let them cool and stuck them in the freezer for when he arrives. 


Yesterday afternoon before I had to get ready and leave for the play I made myself a nice afternoon snack. I generally don't eat anything between lunch and dinner because I want to be hungry for dinner- especially if it's something good! Spontaneously I decided to make myself a mug cake. I'm not a mug cake kinda gal, but this one was really good. It's gluten free and high in fiber! 

High Fiber Chocolate Mug Cake
  • 2 tablespoons high fiber coconut flour
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 tablespoon organic honey (or maple syrup)
  • a few enjoy life chocolate chips sprinkled on top

Thoroughly combine all ingredients in the mug until dough forms. 

Microwave on high for 2 minutes and 45 seconds. Check to see if it is done. Insert a toothpick or prong of a fork, if it comes out clean it's done. If it's not microwave it for an additional 15 seconds and check again.

Top with whipped cream or any of your favorite toppings, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment