Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Berry Birthday Salad


Summer fruits make me happy. Nothing beats perfectly ripe strawberries or fresh juicy peaches, and now my mouth is watering! Sunday was my birthday and Father's Day. We celebrated my dad in the morning and then went to church. It was surprisingly warm out so I didn't feel like having anything heavy for lunch, thus whala! A fruity summer salad was born.

I love the natural sweetness of this salad. The strawberries and blueberries were sweet and the walnuts gave the salad a bit of a crunch. It was the perfect, light summer salad I was looking for!

Berry Birthday Summer Salad
  • 2 cups spring mix lettuce
  • heaping 1/8 cup sliced avocado
  • 1/2 on the vine tomato, sliced
  • 3 large strawberries, sliced
  • 1/8 cup blueberries
  • 1 Tablespoon chopped walnuts

Throw everything in a bowl and bam you're done!! Enjoy the sweet taste of summer!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment