Sunday, June 7, 2015

Sunday Seven #7

Seven of my favorite things from this week...


1. These coconut flour pancakes have by far been my favorite food item this week. It would probably be embarrassing to admit how many times I have eaten them, but they're so good and so easy to make that I can't seem to stop myself! Let alone paired with Walden Farms pancake syrup talk about total indulgence without the indulgence because it's completely guilt free! I'll take another plate of these bad boys please!

2. I technically stole this from Sam's Friday Favorites this week, but it's WAY too good not so share again! A mother and her five-year-old son Josiah were eating a waffle house when he noticed a homeless man. If you haven't seen/heard of the story yet I don't want to ruin it for you, but Josiah demonstrated an act of selfless love that may just bring you to tears. If you haven't seen the story yet you most definitely should watch it here because it is so beautiful and powerful <3


3. Yesterday I went to my first piyo class with my cousin and holy cow it's so much fun! It's a killer workout and you're continually moving so you don't have time to notice how much time has flown by. A fitness studio opened up not far from my house so we have been trying as many of their classes as we can and it's been a blast! I most definitely want to do piyo again, but I will not spend two hours lifting and do cardio at the gym beforehand. 

4. AMERICAN PHAROAH!!!!! If you have no idea what I'm talking about turn on any news channel today and you will find out! Last night at the Belmont Stakes American Pharoah ended the 37 year Triple Crown drought and became only the 12th horse to join the exclusive club. Last year California Chrome came close, but lost at the Belmont Stakes because it is the longest track at 1.5 miles. Watching the 2.5 minute race last night was amazing and beyond exciting. You can read more about American Pharoah and see pictures from the race here.


5. This one goes out to my family and coworkers! These triple chocolate cookies were definitely a hit with everyone who tried them and it didn't take long for them to evaporate. 


6. If you're looking for a tasty dessert but are watching your macros this may be more your style! This microwave cake is only 105 calories contains only 16 grams carbs, 2 grams of fat, and 11 grams of protein. Did I mention it's double chocolate and peanut butter combined?! Umm yeah, anyone feel like cake for breakfast?

[Source]
7. Pittsburgh! I am so beyond excited about this one! I finally have a long weekend in July and I will be going to see the one and only Sam and Amanda in Pittsburgh!! EKKK!!! If you have any fun things to do, places to eat (with gluten free options please!!) or just tips in general let me know! I'm a Pittsburgh Penguin girl so I am so excited to drive out there and see Consol Energy Center in person (hockey nerd alert)!

No comments:

Post a Comment