Friday, May 29, 2015

105 Calorie Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Microwave Cake (Low Carb, High Protein, Low Sugar, Gluten Free)


HOLY HEALTHY DELICIOUSNESS!!! Sound the alarm because this is not a drill, I repeat THIS IS NOT A DRILL! Dessert that is totally healthy- there has to be some catch right? WRONG! This cake is enough for a single serving and it's low carb, high in protein, low sugar, low fat, and gluten free (say all of that three times fast). 

Am I crazy or am I totally nuts? Probably, but this mug cake will knock your socks off (if you're wearing them that is). I am not a snacker or a dessert person. Sweets are just not my thing. Last night was a rare night that I wanted something a bit sweet. I've had mug cakes in the past and have not been impressed. Generally they are loaded with sugar and frankly don't taste good. 

I ended up throwing ingredients together as a kitchen science experiment crossing my fingers that the end result would be semi edible. It took a few tweaks but HOLY MOLY I arrived at the right balance! I thought it might be a fluke so I made it again, nope no fluke. I had someone else taste it and they thought it was good too. There was about six ugly photos taken before it was devoured. I apologize for the ugly photos (I plan on retaking them soon). Taste for yourself and you shall see dessert can be healthy AND delicious! 

Double Chocolate PB Microwave Cake
  • 2 Tablespoons Chocolate PB2 (powdered peanut butter, you can sub regular PB2)
  • 1 Tablespoon Hershey's special dark unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 Tablespoon gluten free all purpose flour
  • 1 Tablespoon zero calorie sweetener (I used Stevia, you can also use light brown sugar if you prefer a sweeter taste)
  • 1 Tablespoon water
  • 3 Tablespoons liquid egg white
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • OPTIONAL- dab of plain or vanilla greek yogurt or unsweetened apple sauce (this will make it more moist)
  • OPTIONAL: any toppings your heart desires

In a microwave safe bowl or large mug combine all the dry ingredients.

When all the dry ingredients have been mixed together add in the water and egg whites. If you want a moister cake add in a small amount of plain or vanilla greek yogurt or unsweetened organic apple sauce.

Stir together all ingredients until no lumps remain. Feel free to mix in chocolate chips, coconut flakes, or anything your heart desires (but that does alter nutrition info).

Microwave for 45 seconds on high.

If the cake is still slightly liquid microwave for an additional 10 seconds. You don't want to microwave it too long and dry it up. Be mindful of the times as every microwave is different.

Pop cake out of mug or bowl onto a plate if you choose. Add any toppings. I added Redi Whip. DEVOUR!

Happy Friday and happy healthy desserting (totally made that word up) :) 

Nutrition info (without toppings):
MACROS: 16C/2F/11P
Nutrition Facts
Servings 1.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 105
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 2 g3 %
Saturated Fat 0 g0 %
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg0 %
Sodium 2760 mg115 %
Potassium 75 mg2 %
Total Carbohydrate 16 g5 %
Dietary Fiber 3 g11 %
Sugars 4 g
Protein 11 g22 %
Vitamin A0 %
Vitamin C0 %
Calcium1 %
Iron14 %

No comments:

Post a Comment