Saturday, May 2, 2015

Açai Oatmeal


Good morning and HAPPY SATURDAY!! I want to say a giant THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for all of the positive feedback I got from yesterdays post about lupus awareness month. I was flooded with texts, messages, and emails and I can't even begin to express how grateful I am to each and every person who took the time to read what I wrote. Reading all of the beautiful messages literally made me cry because I have never felt so loved in my entire life <3 Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

Ok enough mushy gushy stuff for now and onto today's post. I love açai. Like I am obsessed with açai (take a look at the recipe index if you don't believe me). I combined my love for açai with my favorite meal of the day- breakfast and made açai oats. It's everything that I love about açai bowls with oats including LOTS of fruit and you can't forget about the nut butter!

Açai Oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup gluten free oats
  • 1 tablespoon açai powder
  • 1/2 banana, sliced
  • 3 strawberries, sliced
  • 1/8 cup blueberries
  • 1/2 kiwi, peeled and sliced
  • 1/2 tablespoon Justin's vanilla almond butter

Cook oatmeal according to package directions. 

You can add in the açai powder in two ways. One if you are microwaving the oats cook the oatmeal for half of the time, pause and stir in the açai powder, and then finish cooking. OR you can stir in the açai powder after the oats have finished cooking. 

Top oats with banana, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, and almond butter. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment