Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sunday Seven #5

Seven of my favorite things from the past week...


1. I absolutely adore Amanda (her blog is Patient Endurance) and she wrote a post on Friday that really hit home for me. Loneliness is something we all struggle with, whether we admit it or not. Amanda totally hit the nail on the head and I can relate to this in every way. Her passion for the Lord is so authentic and her servants heart is so authentic I just want to hug her beautiful soul <3

2. I love Made in Michigan products and I was so excited that the health food store had a Made in Michigan display! This granola looked so delicious and I was sad I didn't have enough money on me to get it. The macros were awesome, it gluten free, and they have 3 flavors. I will most definitely be back to get this!

3. Carb Cycling. There is a lot of talk in the fitness world about carb cycling and I think there is a lot of misunderstanding about it. Carb cycling can be a really great thing, but it's super important to be informed about it. Honestly if you want to cycle consider getting a coach who can walk through the process with you- shameless plug Katie Ringley is AWESOME!! If you just want more information about carb cycling this article lays it out in simple terms.

4. Don't mind if I do...but really this looked delicious! All I need a gluten free wrap and sign me up for this yummy creation by Sam (her blog is Love Live Balance). Homemade almond butter (already drooling), greek yogurt, and strawberries delicately wrapped in a wrap (haha no pun intended!!) how can you NOT be drooling?! I can't wait to try this, but sadly mine will not be made with homemade almond butter :( If you want the full recipe here is the link!

5. My stomach has been tolerating small amounts of dairy, yay!! Siggi's is delicious plus it's macros rock!! I also got my hands on Purely Elizabeth granola, which I can have because it doesn't have seeds in it. It is majorly yummy and is PERFECT in Siggi's!

6. WORKOUTS! This had to be included because today was the first day since my biopsy that I was allowed to go to the gym!!! Of course I was there bright and early, and although I couldn't do everything at full force it felt amazing just to workout! 


7. Health food stores salad bars = OH MY! There are no words! I basically piled on everything there was- beets, pineapple, green onion, walnuts, fennel, tomatoes, tofu, and so much more. I will definitely be going back at some point! 

Happy Sunday and I hope you're having a great Memorial Day weekend!! If you're lucky enough to have a long weekend I envy you, but enjoy and remember the real reason for the holiday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment