Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sunday Seven #2

Seven of my favorite things from this past week:


1. All things lupus awareness. May is Lupus Awareness Month so purple will abound this month! I think it is so important to raise awareness about this disease so we can find a cure for it! Wear purple on Friday May 16th for Lupus Awareness Day and post pictures to social media using the hashtag #PutonPurple to show your support! And you better believe I am going to keep posting reminders, we gotta spread the word! 


2. Sam's kale sprouts. She always posts pictures of awesome things she finds at Trader Joe's and it makes me really sad because I don't have one near me. If I want to go to Trader Joe's it's a 40 minute drive, which I think is a little far to go grocery shopping. I will have to live vicariously through Sam's creations! 


3. Açai oatmeal. I can't stop eating this stuff! OH.MY.GOODNESS. So good! Hi my name is Rachael and I am addicted to açai. Maybe there's an açai anonymous group out there for people like me...

4.This weather! It's been SO nice out! I spent most of yesterday outside playing with Cora and helping my dad work on a deck. It's supposed to be almost 80 degrees out today- whoop whoop!! 


5. Planet fitness people watching. I broke down and joined Planet Fitness because I wasn't about to pay $180 for a three month gym membership. Whenever I'm doing my cardio I always secretly people watch. There are some interesting people that go there. Let alone the lunk alarm just makes me laugh to no end. I also think it's funny that some people are only member for the pizza nights and bagel mornings. Makes me wonder what the world is coming to.


6. San Franola Granola. I have always been a granola lover, recently I haven't been able to eat granola because seeds like pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc. have been causing horrible pains in my stomach area (I'm being tested for crohn's disease). But I have been able to munch on San Franola Granola because it doesn't contain any seeds! It's also high protein, high fiber and low sugar, so it's an all around win!! The people who own/run the company are also the nicest people ever! I highly recommend checking out their granola- my mom is addicted to their granola!

7. Knowledge is power. I loved reading this article about what sugar does to your body. I don't like sweets and don't eat candy so the vast majority of sugars I consume are from fruits and vegetables. It's important to know what sugar does to your body because frankly the unnatural sugars- aka processed foods- are awful for your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment