Sunday, May 10, 2015

Sunday Seven #3

Seven of my favorite things from this past week:



1. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! A special Happy Mother's Day to my mom! This year is a special Mother's Day because it marks her 9 year cancer free anniversary! Thank you for all you do and for always being my biggest supporter! I love you! 

2. Quest protein powder! I LOVE their chocolate protein powder but the peanut butter kind is totally delicious! I wrote a little review here if you're interested about it's flavor.


3. Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE surprises! I love surprising people and I love being surprised! About a year ago I got connected to Dani Nemeh (go check out her instagram!) who is just the sweetest person there is! Her and her hubby Jim are expecting a sweet baby boy later this year. I put together a care package for them and shipped it to them this week! Now I have ants in my pants for her to get it! 

4. Plantains. Meijer FINALLY had plantains in stock so I was able to try one. They're really good! They are very similar to bananas, but they're not as soft as bananas. They are great for baking with. Usually they are found next to bananas in the grocery store- they're much bigger than bananas though. 

5. Amanda's sweet blog post. Amanda is Sam's sister. They are both so sweet and I adore them! Amanda wrote up a really beautiful blog post about a really horrible event that happened in their family. Amanda has such a beautiful servants heart and I have so much respect and admiration for her. Please go check out her post, it's beautifully written! 


6. BEET HUMMUS! Sam included Trader Joe's beet hummus in her Friday Favorites and I got green (or red) with envy! I am not a hummus person but I love beets and I definitely want to try this! I may just have to suck it up and drive 40 minutes to Trader Joe's to load up on all the goodies Sam talks about finding there! 


7. Summer fruit+salmon= <3 I have been eating mostly plant protein recently, but I have been eating salmon both for the protein and because it's so good for the brain. I love pairing salmon with fresh summer fruit for a salty and sweet combo. There are also walnuts in the salad which contain good fats. The recipe is posted here if you are interested.

Have a great Sunday and Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment