Saturday, May 9, 2015

Saturday Morning


It's officially the weekend! I was up bright and early this morning to go to the gym for a leg and glute workout. Normally today is my bicep/tricep day, but I switched yesterday's and today's workouts out because of time restraints. I was able to take my time this morning and pound out a really good workout. Before I knew it I had been at the gym for almost three hours, whoops hehe. I always lose track of time when I'm there. 

Of course I had the usual oatmeal before I went to the gym. On Thursday I went to Target to pick up a few things and I had to pick up a straw propeller maple oats. I LOVE these oats! They're gluten free, low in sugar, and perfect for on the go. All you have to do is add 1/2 cup of hot water and let it sit for two minutes and breakfast is ready! I love packing these oats for traveling because they're so easy. They're my go-to airport breakfast.


I mixed in some fresh fruit with my oats this morning. I added three cut up strawberries, about 1/8 cup blueberries, and a few raspberries and blackberries. Oats+fruit= my fav!


I love weightlifting but I always squeeze cardio into my workouts. I have been working on the stair stepper recently. It's a great leg and booty workout. I like to do intervals of faster and slower to get my heart rate up. Plus it's great to throw in squats on the stair stepper when you are going slower. And I was blissfully happy at the gym because it was basically empty when I got there, whoop whoop!

I love trying new protein powders. When Quest had their sale on protein powder awhile back I ordered a canister and I LOVE it! I wish it wasn't so expensive because it is seriously my favorite protein powder! It's so thick and creamy and tastes so great! My fellow gym rat friends think I'm weird because I love drinking my protein powder with water. Most people I know can't stand it just with water. 

Anyway, I've had a free sample of Quest peanut butter protein powder for awhile. I was hesitant to use it because awhile back I had a different brand that was peanut butter and it was disgusting- it was so bad I couldn't make myself finish it and I hate wasting protein powder (it's expensive!).

I was pleasantly surprised at how good this was! I'm not sure why I ever doubt Quest because their products are always amazing! It really tasted like peanut butter, and not in an artificial gross kind of way. It would be amazing to bake with, so if anyone wants to be awesome and get me some for my birthday in June I wouldn't be opposed...wink wink ;)

Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment