Friday, May 8, 2015

Summer Salmon Salad


Happy Friday! The sunshine and warm weather is spoiling us and making it feel like summer! Can I order a double dose of this weather?! 

I have been trying to up my protein without the traditional chicken, turkey, etc. I am still eating salmon because it's so good for the brain! With all the summer fruit coming in there is endless possibilities for delicious dishes! In this salad there are fresh strawberries and blueberries which compliment the salmon perfectly. I will definitely be making this salad and packing it for work in the summer.

Summer Salmon Salad
  • 2 cups organic spinach
  • 1/4 cup sliced strawberries
  • 1/8 cup blueberries
  • 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
  • 1 salmon fillet, shredded
  • 1 tablespoon feta cheese

I cooked the salmon ahead of time to save in prepping. I would not recommend using frozen fruit because it will make all of the other salad ingredients soggy and no one wants a soggy salad. 

Have a great Friday everyone! Do you have any exciting plans this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment