Monday, June 22, 2015

Meal Prep: Salmon, Sweet Potato, Green Beans, and Berries


Happy first official Monday of summer!! I apologize for being MIA this weekend, but it was Father's Day and my birthday so the weekend was a little busy!! For the first time literally in YEARS it didn't pour on my birthday and it was sunny- a double dose of AMAZINGNESS!! I will post a birthday/Father's Day weekend recap because I don't want to ramble on forever. 

Anyway Sunday was rather busy but I still needed to make my lunches for work this week so I kept it basic and it's similar to last weeks lunch. I roasted salmon and sweet potatoes and cooked green beans because I am on a green bean kick! For a dose of sweetness I cut up some strawberries and threw in raspberries and blueberries. Simple meals can be just as tasty as elaborate meals! 

Oven Roasted Salmon and Sweet Potatoes
  • 3 pieces of salmon, I cut mine to approximately 5 oz 
  • Greek seasoning, to taste
  • Costco seafood seasoning, to taste (literally the BEST seafood seasoning!)
  • 3 sweet potatoes, I got sweet potatoes that were 4 ounces each

Preheat the oven to 400F. 

Line half a baking sheet with tinfoil, this will be for the salmon. Line the other half of the baking sheet, this will be for the sweet potatoes. 

Place the salmon on half the baking sheet and use preferred seasonings. 

On the other half of the baking sheet place the sweet potatoes. Remember to poke the potatoes with a knife before putting them in the oven- you do not want to clean up exploded potato!!

Place baking sheet in oven. Bake for 18-20 minutes and check the salmon. The salmon is done when it easily flakes apart and is no longer bright pink inside. 

When the salmon is done remove the tinfoil that has the salmon and place the baking sheet back in the oven to allow the potatoes to continue cooking. Baking for an additional 20-30 minutes. Sweet potatoes are done when you poke them with a fork and they are tender. 

While the salmon and sweet potatoes were cooking I started chopping the green beans. I trimmed the ends off and put them in a pot. 

Fill the pot with water, enough water to cover the beans. 

Bring the beans to a boil and then reduce to a medium/high heat. 

Allow the beans to simmer for 10-12 minutes. The green beans are done when they are tender. 

Drain the water and season with seasonings of choice. I used a bit of garlic, Greek seasoning, and lemon peel from spice islands. 

I put 1 cup of green beans in each container, along with a salmon fillet, and a 4 ounce sweet potato. 

I'm not going to post macros because the macros will vary depending on how large the salmon fillets and the sweet potatoes are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment